Ten

27 March 2015


On Tuesday of this week Lily turned 10. A whole decade. To celebrate reaching double-figures I laid on an after-school afternoon tea for her and six close friends. It was relaxed, fun and I hope memorable. Celebrating such moments in life is time well spent in my book.


So I set to work making tiny cheese & cucumber rolls, filling pretty striped paper cups with chipsticks, baking sausage rolls and filling cocktail sized vol au vents. Then there were mini strawberry & cream meringues, individual coconut & cherry loaf cakes, mini chocolate cakes, mini orange & almond cakes and paper cups filled with lemon cupcake popcorn, berries and chocolate discs and to top it all off a 'fox' birthday cake.



It's the decorations and tableware that also make a gathering an occasion and, in this case, turn one of the most special days of the year into one of the prettiest. All the decorations and tableware in this shoot are from My Little Day, a French online boutique that sell all the kit required to host the most beautiful children's birthday parties. From bunting, confetti-filled balloons and tassel garlands to paper plates, cups, straws and napkins in contemporary patterns. I even made party bags using the paper bags and mini paper rosettes  - they were the icing on the cake.






4 comments:

  1. I'm turning 25 on Friday & I could only hope my birthday part would be as cute as this one. Wonderful job. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words Carmen. I hope that someone made you a lovely cake on your birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Ta.Ta. Unconventional Design For Kids - it was lots of work, but lots of fun too.

      Delete