Photographs Of My Favourite Place - Part 1 ...

29 May 2011











The word 'idyllic' was made for a place like this. This idyllic spot is Steephill Cove, a small unspoilt beach on the Isle of Wight. It's tucked away off the beaten track. You have to park up and then walk through the beautiful Ventnor Botanic Gardens and finally follow the tiny coastal path down to the beach. It's not called Steephill for nothing - you'll find leg muscles you never knew you had, but once there a magnificent reward awaits you. I've been coming here for as long as I remember and it never fails to set my heart racing. As a child we'd holiday on the Isle of Wight and this was the favourite beach to come to. In fact, my dad used to come to this beach when he was a child too - its been an adopted beach for our family for five generations now. Years ago my great grandparents would visit  and now my own children have it in their life. It hasn't changed, its charm is still very much in place. The the odd new cafe or holiday let may have sprung up over the years, but in such a sensitive manor it hasn't disturbed the perfection of the place. Now that my parents live just a ten minute drive from the beach it is a regular haunt for us which is just perfect. I took these photograph whilst we were there last weekend. It was sunny, but very windy - not  perfect beach weather, but our trip to my parents wouldn't have been complete without a visit to Steephill.

No comments:

Post a Comment