A Christmas Wreath

9 December 2013



Christmas, for me, is a great excuse to set those creative juices flowing. I've always hankered after the idea of making my own wreath and this year I finally put it into practice. I attended a local wreath-making evening class last week and this was the result. It's not perfect, but I was really pleased with it being my first attempt and all that. 


There were about 25 of us in the class and after watching a demonstration we were left to our own devices and the array of materials on offer. It was easy enough to make once I had mastered the wiring together of the foliage. I kept it natural and relatively simple and included bay, cinnamon sticks and dried orange to give it a delicious aroma. 

Granted, it's not a very rock n' roll way to spend an evening, but my home now has a lovely festive front door and that pleases me no end. A sign of the times I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment