Party Time - Part Five: The Cake

1 April 2011



Well, as the week draws to a close, so do my posts on Lily's 6th Birthday Party. I'm going to finish with a must-have part of any birthday (whatever your age), The Birthday Cake.

I'm known for my loving of an excuse to bake a cake and get a little creative with it. Lily wanted a surprise cake, so I appreciated the free-reign I had on it. Due to all the party prep, it needed to be simple to make and quick to decorate.

Well, after considerable time browsing my cookbooks and magazines I went for a classic chocolate cake layered with a chocolate ganache. The recipe was taken from my latest purchase of Olive Magazine. In fact the recipe stars on the front cover and quite rightly too as it was an absolutely divine 'melt-in-your-mouth' cake - I recommend it to anyone!

Well, in order to make my life easier, I made the decorations 'earlier'. The bunting was easily constructed using the small pieces of left-over fabric from the fabric party hats and the ribbon gave the pink factor that was sure to make the cake a hit with Lily, which I am pleased to report it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment