Unexpected Wedding Fever ...

29 April 2011


Today really caught me unawares. I can generally take or leave the royal family. But today I was totally consumed by our royal wedding. I was up at 6am this morning with Arthur, so turned on the radio to help wake me up. I think that's what started it. There was a definite feel of excitement and optimism in the air. I tuned in to the television coverage once it began and drank it all in. It was incredible to see so many people come together and celebrate. All the red, white and blue of the street parties stirred memories of 1981 when as a nine year old I was totally absorbed in the magic of a real life princess. Today was just as magical a fairytale. If I had known that I would have come over so patriotic I would have hung out some bunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment